Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Weekly Rate and Real Estate Update, 5.1.13


Spring is here...finally!

Dan’s activity this week:

Well, the Tuesday closing did not close!  During our final walkthrough the buyer and I noticed a “shadow” on an exterior wall in the dining room…not knowing what it was we asked and got a 7 day extension to the closing date.  So the inspector is going back out today and we’ll get some further testing.

I’ll be writing up the inspection response for my seller’s from the home that sold in 8 days. It looks like we’ll address almost everything so it shouldn't be a problem.

Everything is to the title company for my buyer of the 1920s renovated home so we are on track for Friday’s close!  

My client who was living with their parents did find a home last Friday!  The home was on the market for 7 days and we were the 3rd offer!  But we got it; our package was all around a better offer.  The inspection is today and we close quickly, May 15th, so we’ll be moving along quickly.

So last night I signed a new listing in Carmel that will go active this coming Tuesday and that night we are going out to look at homes for them.  My last listings have sold so quickly I don’t want them to not know the market and have a favorite home to buy early on.

My other new clients are meeting with my mortgage company that most of my clients use to get preapproved and financing for existing and new construction homes.  After they are comfortable with that process we’ll get them signed up and listed in the coming weeks.

The inspection of the older home in Indy was delayed a bit so we haven’t started that process yet…can’t wait!

My client’s relocating from Chicago are coming down this weekend so we’ll see some homes with them as well.

Last, I followed up with a client that may be getting ready to sell…there is a potential upcoming job change that will determine if it’s just selling their home or selling their home and finding them a new home locally…time will tell.

So with the delay in the closing yesterday April finished with 4 closings and May has 6 closing on the calendar.  I’m excited with all the activity and am ready for more so if you know anyone getting ready to buy or sell, please give them my information or ask if they’d like me to call them.

      
   Rates for the week
From the IBJ... The average rate for 30-year mortgages fell from 3.61 percent to 3.57 percent for the week ended April 24, according to Bankrate.com. The rate for 15-year mortgages fell from 2.85 percent to 2.8 percent.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment