Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Weekly Rate and Real Estate Update, 3.13.13


Rates steady and business up…


Dan’s activity this week:


So one of my two new listings last week one received an offer, although it didn’t work out the activity is brisk and buyers are ready to buy.  Home inventory is still low and I have buyers literally just waiting…and waiting for a good house to come on the market. 

It looks like my new client’s home won’t be going live next week but soon thereafter.  So I’ll have to live with ending my streak…it was a good run and I’m ready to start a new one.

I received two new leads this week.  Both are from the same referral partner!  One is coming in town from the East Coast, looking to rent for a little bit getting comfortable with the area before building a home.  The other lead is due to an unfortunate situation but I’ve helped other clients through this process before and look forward to doing it again.

I have a buyer who gets to close on his new home this Friday.  It was a little bit of a rough transaction but we are finally there.  One major issue was my client's out of state mortgage company said they couldn't meet the closing date (thanks for letting me know the week before closing!!!).  So last Wednesday, I had him contact my mortgage contact and as of today, the closing documents are at the title company and we could actually close tomorrow, a day early!  That's why you surround yourself with good people.  If you want to know more about this impossible feat give me a call, I'm happy to refer you! 

Oh yeah, I had two buyers have their offers accepted and I sold one of my listings, two will close in April and one in May....so it was a good week you could say!

The end of this week is bringing brisk activity, two clients looking at groups of homes and an open house for a new listing on Sunday.

Next week at this time I’ll be in Austin Texas at the 2013 ERA International Business Conference!  This is ERA’s annual conference and it moves around the country each year.  The last couple of years we were in New Orleans and Las Vegas so I’m looking forward to a location that is a little more like Indy just warmer!  I always learn a lot during this trip and bring back ideas and plans that I apply to my business.

If you know of someone who is considering buying or selling, please have them contact me.  I’ll treat them as good as I would treat you!!

  

     Rates for the week

From the IBJ... The average rate for 30-year mortgages was stable at 3.73 percent for the week ended March 6, according to Bankrate.com. The rate for 15-year mortgages was also unchanged, at 2.96 percent.


No comments:

Post a Comment